BRDG Technology & Ethics Conversation
Time & Location
About The Event
BRDG Technology and Ethics Conversation Series seeks to bring people from diverse sectors with varied expertise to dialogue about our social and ethical responsibilities in an age of accelerating technological development
You and our panelists will discuss:
- How might we accelerate the adoption of immersive technology content in the education system to promote empathy, equity, and excellence for the upcoming generation? and
- How can we as a Bridge to Connect community be involved in identifying and creating immersive technology content that will have a positive effect on the lives of students and communities?
We will begin with Lizzie Curran, a Senior Social Impact Program Manager, Safety and Accessibility with Unity, an Immersive Technology Platform Company. Who will share her background in Online Trust, Safety, and Child rights. Lizzie will be joined by:
- Dr. Shawna Pandya, VP of Immersive Education for Luxsonic; a Physician, scientist-astronaut candidate, Aquanaut and Martial Artist
- Dr. Raman Unnikrishnan, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at the University of California Fullerton; Distinguished Visiting Professor of Engineering at SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai, India
- Shane Tsosie, Machine Lab Coordinator, Navajo Technical University
Our Discussions will be moderated by Dr. Jeff Hittenberger, Chief Academic Officers of Orange County Department of Education.
Please RSVP by February 15 th , 2021.
There is no cost for participating in this Zoom event. BRDG is accepting voluntary donations to continue our service to first-in-family college students.
Please donate here.